- Greater involvement of CSO actors
- GIPA and MIPA
- Non partisan
- Non Ethnicity
- Non discrimination
- Capacity of UNASO to coordinate, network and strengthen partnerships among ASOs and other actors for effective HIV and AIDS response enhanced by 2017
- Enabling and supportive environment for quality HIV and AIDS service delivery promoted by 2017
- Coordination and management of strategic information for HIV and AIDS response among ASOs improved by 2017
Our internships offer the opportunity for graduates and undergraduates to further their career goals. Interns are expected to maintain a high level of ethics and professionalism during their stay at the internship site as this will contribute to the overall perception of the student by the fellow colleagues and supervisors. They should also demonstrate a high desire to learn and engage fully in the organization’s activities under guidance. UNASO internships offer the opportunity to gain excellent work experience, considerably increasing employment potential.
Internship duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 2 to 3 months.
What will I be doing while at UNASO? General job activity outlines
1. Advocacy, policy, capacity building and research: if you are interested in pursuing a career in advocacy, research, partnership management and coordination, this life-changing Internship will give you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the evidence-based advocacy and policy, on local, national and international levels.
2. NGO Public Relations and Communications: UNASO will offer a unique opportunity for Public Relations and Communications Interns to gain hands-on practical experience working with an NGO dedicated to advocate for people’s rights
3. Gain valuable work experience in the civil society fraternity and community development sector as well as practical work experience with Ugandan communities and policy making processes
4. Operational Research and strategic information management Internship; this is a critical part of UNASO’s work. We undertake in our evidence-based advocacy and research agenda together with member organizations. Interns will work closely with our teams on the collection and analysis of data. Participants are also actively involved in the creation of new studies, reviewing existing ones, and creating of other opportunities.
5. Rural Healthcare & disease prevention Awareness and social support to vulnerable populations; involving community systems strengthening to improve quality of health care service delivery
6. Interns shall also assist UNASO to gain a further understanding of others cultures
7. There may be additional assignments based on the candidate's experience and ability
All Interns at UNASO will be under the supervision of advocacy and capacity building manager who shall address any queries or inquiries to them. They will be attached to supervisors. Interns are expected to consult with their immediate supervisors regarding any unanticipated or unplanned absence from the scheduled days during the placement.
Interns are expected to pay internship fee to UNASO of US$200 (international interns) and 40US$ for local interns, which will cater for welfare of the host organization. Interns are responsible for their own accommodation, transportation to and from the organization although guidance will be given for the first week to avoid being stuck or lost.
How To Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter and an introductory letter from your institution to: email@example.com For details, refer to our website: www.unaso.or.ug
#UNASO #UGANDA #HIV&AIDS #INTERNSHIP #ADVOCACY #CAPACITYBUILDING #RESEARCH